Jake checking out the toilet during the tornado
Lunch time at the UAB Football Office
Tummy-time turned in to nap-timeThis week has been a very slow week, but I am trying to enjoy every minute of it since I start back to work next weekend. Also, it has been so cold here that we have only gotten out when necessary. In fact, the only time we really got out was Tuesday when I had to go to the hospital here in Birmingham to finish up some paperwork. Tyson was sweet enough to keep Jake at his office again while I ran around. Apparently, the UAB football office has turned into Daddy Day Care during lunch, but I don't think the guys mind it that much. Well...when I came to pick up Jake, I met Coach Barlow at Tyson's door and was greeted with a hug and a "thank god you're here" look. Tyson had laid down a blanket on that nasty floor, put my child to sleep on it, closed the door, and met with his players across the hall. Jake was good and slept for a while, but then he woke up hungry in a strange place and a huge cry errupted. According to Tyson, he and Coach Barlow rushed into his office and tag-teamed Jake while Tyson got the bottle ready. Oh what a site that would have been! Tyson really is cute with Jake at his office; he is so proud and shows him off to everyone (even the players)! Did I mention how exhausted we were that day? We were awaken that night to the tornado sirens at 3:30 am! I'm not one to get freaked out by tornados, but after living in this town, I am now. The whole town of Birmingham shuts down (no joke) at the mention of a tornado! Being a new mom, I did the right thing and moved Jake into the bathroom. The warnings didn't last that long, so Tyson went on in to work and I ended up staying up the rest of the night scared out of my mind. I am glad it is all over!



No comments:
Post a Comment