world...except for the fact that he is an Alabama fan)
Jake had his 2 month checkup today even though he is not quite 7 weeks old. I was extremely impressed with how well he handled the 4 shots; he cried as he was getting them, but then he acted like it wasn't a big deal afterwords. In fact, he smiled as we were leaving! I hope this is a sign that he is going to be tough! I have to admit, I was extremely impressed with how well I handled it, too. Since I did work at this doctor's office for a couple of months when we first moved to Birmingham, I knew how it all worked. I was worried about how I would handle seeing my baby hurt (even though I stick other people's kids all the time), but I did fine because I didn't look! All I kept thinking was "is this nurse really going this slow or does it just seem this way because this is MY baby!" (I claim to be a fast shot-giver...parents really appreciate it!). All in all, the pediatrician was very satisfied with my big boy. He weighed in at 13 lbs 7 oz (95%) and was 23 1/2 in long (90%). Dr. Dudgeon knows what big football fans we are, and he said Jake was definitely going to be a tackle. While we were there, we got to see one of my best friends, Jessica; Jessica is a fairly new nurse, but she is one of the smartest nurses I have ever met! Thanks for all your advise and wisdom, Jess!






2 comments:
zoey had her 2 month checkup this week also and she is 10 weeks. she only weighed 11 lbs so i would definitely say you have a football player on your hands!
I looked in Carson and Spenser's book because I couldn't remember them being that BIG at 2 months!! Carson was almost 13 lbs at 2 months and Spenser was 13 lbs 12 oz! I love these big babies we have!!! We go Monday, March 3 for their checkups (6 mos and 18 mos).
Post a Comment