Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 16, 2010

Tyson's Dad Football Video











One of the other UAB coaches stumbled upon this you-tube video of Tyson's Dad when he played football at the University of Florida in 1974. As some of you might know, Tyson's Dad passed away when Tyson was about to turn 3, and Tyson only has one video with his Dad in it. I would love to post that video on here, but for some reason, Tyson wasn't wearing any pants in the video. :) Anyways, it was just so awesome to be able to watch these videos with Tyson and for Tyson to see his Dad play football for the first time. I thought some of you might want to see these videos, too, so here you go! I'm gonna let Tyson explain these videos to you so that you can spot his Dad, Andy Summers #32. Enjoy!

AS BETH SAID, MY DAD IS WEARING #32 ON ALL FOUR OF THESE VIDEOS VS VANDERBILT... THE FOUR VIDEOS ARE SPLIT INTO THE FOUR QUARTERS OF THE GAME... MY DAD WAS A BACKUP DEFENSIVE BACK FOR THE GATORS IN 1974 AND THERE ARE 4 OR 5 CLIPS THROUGHOUT THE GAME OF HIM PLAYING SAFETY BUT THE PLAYS ARE VERY HARD TO PICK OUT. HOWEVER, HE PLAYED ON EVERY SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY DURING THIS GAME AND REALLY DOES STAND OUT. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE THE TIME TO WATCH HERE ARE THE POSITIONS HE PLAYED ON EACH SPECIAL TEAM SO THAT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO PICK HIM OUT EASIER:

PUNT=LEFT UPBACK (IN 3 POINT STANCE) .... PUNT RETURN= FAR LEFT END ON LOS

KICKOFF=3RD OR 4TH FROM THE LEFT .... KICKOFF RETURN... LEFT TIGHT END

HE MAKES QUITE A FEW PLAYS DURING THE GAME (ONE KO RETURN, A COUPLE OF TACKLES ON BOTH PUNT AND KICKOFF, AND PINS VANDY INSIDE THE 1 ON PUNT ANOTHER TIME). BETH AND I BOTH WERE REALLY EXCITED LAST NIGHT TO WATCH HIM PLAY AND THOUGHT THIS OPPORTUNITY WAS A VERY NEAT WAY TO CONNECT WITH HIM. I HOPE THAT JAKE AND WALKER WILL ONE DAY ENJOY THIS VIDEO AS MUCH AS WE HAVE AND HOPEFULLY UNDERSTAND WHY THIS SMALL THING (A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE) MEANS SO MUCH!

1 comment:

All the coming's and going's of our busy little family! said...

This is just amazing...I have tears watching my Uncle play, I am just so proud. Thanks for sharing, I wish I had known him better. I love you guys!!