What's new with Walker? Walker has started sleeping from about 7 pm to 7 am and waking to eat around 2 am and sometimes 5 am, too. He is the easiest baby to put down to sleep, thank goodness! I wish I could say I have him on a daytime nap schedule, but between being on vacation and just being on the go so much with big brother, there is no consistencies in our days. Now that vacation is over for Tyson, I'm hoping to get the boys back on a routine and Walker on a good nap schedule.
Walker is still exclusively breastfeeding and is doing quite well with that. He is still nursing about every 2 hours during the day but only takes about 10 minutes to nurse each time. He hates the bottle and is giving us a hard time with that, so we're working on it.
I'm afraid that Walker is going to be a little slow in meeting his milestones, maybe not though. I just don't feel like we put him down enough for him to even be able to work on rolling or sitting up or scooting, etc. I'm so afraid that if I put him on the floor, he's gonna get trampled on by big brother. Oh well, he'll get all of that stuff eventually, right? I'm definitely realizing that that kind of stuff isn't as important as it seemed with the first child.
Walker is such a laid back, easy going baby. He hardly ever cries and loves to give us lots of smiles. He is definitely living up to "Walker the talker"....if there is ever a quiet moment in our house (which isn't as often as I would like), Walker just goes to town cooing and "talking" as loudly as he can. It is so cute! And Jake loves to mimic Walker's sounds...super cute, too!
What else? His eyes are still a dark blue but they change hues based on the color he is wearing. They are absolutely beautiful, but it just surprises me that he might end up with blue eyes. Neither Tyson nor I nor our parents have blue eyes, however, 3 of the 8 great-grandparents do have blue eyes- my mom's mom, my dad's dad, and Tyson's mom's mom. It's crazy how genetics work, and I guess I always knew blue eyes were a possibility, but I just never thought I would have a blue-eyed baby. Eye color isn't permanent, though, until 6-9 months, so they may change at any time. (Interestingly, Jake's eyes turned brown at 3 months). We'll see in the next couple of months what happens with his eye color...it's just so intriguing to me! Can you tell? ;)
On July 4th, Jake officially became 2.5! And man, don't I know it! The terrible 2's are in full swing at our house! I could go on and on about that, but I'm going to be positive about Jake at 2.5 instead.
Let's see...what is going on with Jake that you might not have already learned about on the blog?
Jake has finally phased out Barney, thank goodness! He is now obsessed with Dora and Diego, which is completely fine by me since he is learning so much Spanish. In fact, instead of answering us with "your welcome" he says "de nada." And the other day, I heard him tell someone "hola!" Ha!
Jake is still very much into his cars, dump trucks, and trains. He loves to pretend to be a train conductor and yells, "All aboard....this is the Polar Express!"
If you ask Jake what he is going to be when he grows up, he says either a "football player," "soccer player," or a "baseball player." And I swear to you we didn't put those things in his head! ;)
I could just go on and on with all the cute things Jake is saying and doing, but honestly, I've been trying to write this post for about 5 hours and I can't get it done because 2 silly little boys keep interrupting me. Such is life these days! I will say this about Jake, when he isn't throwing a tantrum or telling us "no!," he is a very kind-hearted little boy who shares with his friends and loves his family and best friends Ryan and Brantley very much. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment