Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The 3 of Us at the Zoo

Tyson and Jake and the new stroller
Jake waving "hey" to the Zebras

Riding on the carousel
Lookin' for mama

The ole stump on the log and Jake

Tyson, Jake, and I enjoyed some quality family time together today. I was supposed to work the night shift all weekend, but ended up getting sick and having to miss work last night. (I also missed my work baby shower, too). :( I got some much needed rest last night and some good medicine, and I felt like a new person today. Apparently the lack of sleep from taking care of a sick child all week long + the lack of sleep from working night shift + the lack of sleep from pregnancy= a bad deal. Anyways, I hated missing work and my shower, but I definitely enjoyed my sleep and my time with my family today.


If you can't tell from the pictures, we made a quick trip to the zoo. I say "quick" because I am getting way too big and pregnant (if you can't tell from the pictures) to walk around very comfortably any more. We hit Jake's favorite spots (the giraffes, lions, tigers, zebras, and ostriches) and we even rode the carousel today. Jake loves to ride the "el-phant," which is his newest obsession these days. So cute.


Did I mention that we tried out our "new" sit-n-stand stroller today? (It's "new" to us, but I got it at a consignment sale here...isn't it awesome? I probably wouldn't have gotten neon orange if I would have bought it first-hand, though.) Anyways, I thought it was a good idea to go ahead and let Jake try it out, and it was a great idea! He was so much better than I thought about standing and riding and being able to get on and off as he needed...he's such a big boy! Now let's just see how he does when Walker is riding in the front! :)


I have a great job and work with some amazing people, but it's days like this that really make me miss my time with my family on the weekends. Hurry up maternity leave!! 6 weeks or less to go!


***Quote of the weekend...from one of my young patients, "You must be having a boy because your face is real swole." Nice.

2 comments:

The Hudgins said...

girl, you will love that stroller. it's just like ours and we still use the thing.

The Hudgins said...

and the funny thing is, ours is orange too and we DID buy it first hand. but on amazon the orange was way cheaper than the exact models in red, blue, etc. go figure!