Tyson and I left Jake with my parents for a day this week so that we could have some time together just the two of us. We had a hard time deciding where we wanted to go, but we knew we couldn't get too far away from my parents or from Birmingham just in case baby Walker decided to make an early appearance. Anyways, we decided to drive over to Athens on Tuesday, spend the night, and then head back to my parents on Wednesday. It was a short trip, but it was very much needed and enjoyed!
When we decided a few weeks ago on Athens, the first words out of my mouth to Tyson were "you are not allowed to go to the Butts Mehre (football office) while we are there." :) I immediately saw the disappointment in his face because 1) he loves talking football and 2) he loves visiting with his coaching friends any time he gets a chance...even if it is on our "one day mini vacation from our child." He agreed to my terms, though, because he's good like that.
So Tuesday morning comes and we are getting ready to head out the door for Athens, and Tyson says, "Just in case you want to go to Georgia's (spring football) practice, I got us on the list...just in case." :) I knew where that was headed. Luckily for my husband, I caved and said ok. So sure enough, we spent the first 3 hours on our "one day mini-vacation from our child" watching football practice. Seriously, I love football, so I was more than happy to oblige. It ended up being a beautiful day, and I had so much fun at the practice with my hubby...I love it when he talks football. :) I wish I had some pictures from Georgia's practice, but they don't allow cameras in...nor would I embarrass my husband by trying to take some pictures. :)
After practice, we headed to Gnat's Landing to meet my friend Jill and her daughter Ansley. We had so much fun! It makes me miss Jill so much! Good times!
Our trip to Athens was way too short...I can't wait to go back! Thanks, Mom and Dad, for keeping Jake for us!



No comments:
Post a Comment