Yay! I am so excited to have reached 36 weeks; Walker's lung development should be golden after this week and then he is in the clear to come...woo hoo!
I'm feeling a lot better this week for some reason...maybe it's because an end is in sight! 3 more weeks or less! I'm only working 1 shift a week now (versus the 2 shifts that I was working through much of February and March for some extra $ for baby stuff/maternity leave), and it's amazing how much better I feel just because of that! Props to nurses who continue to work full time throughout their pregnancies! It ain't for me, that's for sure!
Walker and I had a check-up Friday, and everything is looking good. He is measuring 40 weeks (which is obviously 4 weeks ahead) right now, so Dr. McKee said we have at least a 9 pounder on our hands again. We are going to do another ultrasound in 2 weeks to check Walker's weight and his position...right now he is breech. Since I'm already having a c-section, Walker's weight and position really aren't as concerning, but it will affect how the c-section is done so Dr. McKee wanted to know what to expect. Love him.
So we are just hanging out and playing the waiting game now...every little twitch or twinge has me so nervous, and I know I'm driving Tyson crazy already with "do you think I'm in labor?" Ha! I just got so lucky with my labor with Jake (my water broke in the shower and I had no painful contractions at all...easiest labor ever), I just don't know what to expect even though I've kinda done this before. Make sense?
Our scheduled c-section is 3 weeks from this Tuesday (April 20th), and I can't wait! I love the idea of having everything organized and ready, having our families here already, having Jake taken care of, etc that comes with scheduling a c-section. Plus, if we make it to April 20th, Tyson will be done with spring football and will actually be able to stay with me for a couple of days without any interruptions! That makes me really happy...now let's just see if I make it that far! :)
Please keep us in your prayers over the next couple of weeks for a safe and healthy delivery of baby Walker! Thanks!!!



1 comment:
Beth, I hope everything goes according to plan! We're looking forward to seeing pictures of Walker and wondering if he'll look like Jake did...
Post a Comment