Jake has a black eye...or will have one tomorrow for sure!
Not to say that Jake hasn't gotten hurt under my watch, but you can imagine the look on my face when Jake came walking in my room with his new injury before Tyson had a chance to tell me about it...I almost passed out. He's never had a black eye before; well, not that I can recall. Oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later!
What's ironic about this is that Tyson and I had just had the discussion about why I don't work day shift. There are several reasons why I'd rather work the night shift, but the main reason is thatt hings are a lot more likely to happen during the day, and I would rather be home (even if sleeping) just in case. After all, what's being awake a couple more hours after you've already been awake for 24.
Jake showing me his boo boo.
Poor baby...it breaks my heart. It doesn't help that when I woke up and started getting ready for work tonight, Jake says, "no work, Mama." And poor Tyson, too; he has my illness from last weekend and feels awful. Despite Jake's injury, Tyson has done an amazing job taking care of Jake while being so sick.



No comments:
Post a Comment