Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Break Trip 1: Cochran

I just love Ryleigh Kate's expression here!!


MaMa and Trey
Headed to the creek...
Hand in hand...

Testing the water...
The last picture before...
...he fell in the creek face first.

Me and my Granddaddy!
Spenser, Ryleigh Kate, and Carson
Finally...a picture of the grown-ups! (Spenser, Renee, Christy, Tyson, and Jake)
Throwing sticks in the creek...from afar!

The big boys- Connor and Chase
Cutie "Pen pen"
Christy coachin them up in a game of football
My child looks clueless!
Touchdown Pen Pen!

Tyson, Jake, and I are making another marathon trip around Georgia to visit our families one last time before baby Walker joins us. Our first stop on the trip was to Cochran to visit my mom's family; as usual, we had so much fun! We got to spend a good part of the day with my grandparents and my cousin Ryleigh Kate while we waited on the rest of the family to arrive. Ryleigh Kate and Jake play so well together and are just the best of friends. They are soooo cute together!

And yes, Jake fell into the creek. My mom calls it the "Right of Passage"- every kid falls into the creek at least once in their life; well, it was Jake's turn this time. You see, Jake, RK, Ma Ma, and I were out taking a walk while Tyson had gone to Dairy Queen with my cousin; I tried really hard to teach Jake to be very careful near the creek. He was doing really well and was so cautious, but he got tricked by a big patch of thick monkey grass...he ended up running straight into the creek face first!!! You should have seen my big pregnant self take off in a dead sprint to rescue him! My flip-flops went flyin' and all! By the time I got to to him, he had already popped up and was standing there (with algae in his hair) with his arms out at me like "HELP ME, MAMA!!!" and screaming at the top of his lungs. It was so scary, but after I pulled him from the freezing water, I couldn't help but laugh at how funny that all must have looked.

I think Jake has learned his lesson about the creek, and so have I...an 80 year old grandma, a 4 year old, and an 8 month pregnant lady aren't the best people to have around when a toddler falls in the creek. :)

After Jake dried off and got some new clothes on, the rest of the cousins got to my grandparents' house. We tried to stay away from the creek to avoid another casualty, so we just let the boys (and girl) play in the yard. So much fun! I miss them all already!

No comments: