Yes, Tyson and I are the worst parents ever. Really. We selfishly left our child at home with a babysitter (well, not just any babysitter...the best, Casey Rae) while we attended a fundraiser for UAB, and Jake got sick...bad sick. Let me back up, Jake woke up in the middle of the night last night with a stomach virus, but we didn't have any problems all day, so I thought we were in the clear. I thought wrong. Poor Casey Rae, she ended up having to clean up not only diarrhea, but a massive amount of throw-up. And poor Jake. I feel like the worst mom ever. At least we left Jake in really good hands, though; Casey Rae did the most amazing job ever. Thank you, Casey Rae! I owe you BIG time!
By the way, we did have a great time at the fundraiser before finding out about Jake getting sick. Somehow, though, my big ole' belly always ended up being the brunt of all the jokes. :)
This is an awful picture of me, but getting a picture of the 3 of us is a rarity. And yes, those are Christmas pajamas on Jake. Don't judge. :)



2 comments:
Oh girl please, kara wore her christmas pajamas to school this week for pajama day. She insisted, and I chose not to pick that battle. Sure honey, you wear that red flannel christmas gown to school!
You are so silly. We were JUST fine and I think Jake actually enjoyed the small chaos a bit because we had bathtime TWICE in one night, he was pretty pumped about that, ha. And you are a FANTASTIC mother, and deserve a night away from vomit and diarrhea once in a while...and I'm seriously glad you trust me enough to take care of your nugget when he's sick. Loves my Summers bunch!
Post a Comment