Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday










The best part of today is not just that it is Super Bowl Sunday (Steelers vs. Cardinals), today marks the last day of recruiting weekends!!! I can't tell y'all how excited Jake and I are to see Signing Day quickly approaching and to see the end of all this recruiting craziness! This year has seemed pretty intense recruiting-wise; maybe it's because I was so post-partum last year to realize it or maybe because the year before that we were newlyweds having to sleep on a twin bed in a UAB apartment as we prepared to move. Who knows, but this year has been stressful! I almost think I prefer football season to recruiting! Anyways, enough on that...we are so glad to have Daddy home! Bring on mat drills and spring practice!
We enjoyed today's beautiful weather by taking a walk to our neighborhood's park; of course, though, we had to make a detour to the new Sweet Shop that opened up around the corner. I'm in heaven! I have a feeling we will be frequent customers! Jake on the other hand, wasn't too sure about the icecream. It was his first encounter with icecream, and I don't know if it was too cold for him or what, but he made the worse face as he ate it! He'll come around, I'm sure. Afterall, he is my son! Happy Super Bowl Sunday and Happy almost end of Recruiting!

No comments: