playing with his stroller and singing to himself!"
Signing Day (big sigh)....it's like Christmas. You look forward to it all year long. The weekends leading up to it are filled with such anticipation and the day gets here and then BOOM...it's all over. And you never know what kind of presents you're gonna get until that day; be ready for a few surprises and be ready for some disappointment, but either way, in the end, you're gonna be happy with what you've got.
We celebrated Signing Day (aka the day we finally get our husbands back) first with a luncheon at the UAB football office with the staff, and then we had a reception/press conference this evening at Bartow Arena to announce the new signing class. Jake was an angel at both...thank goodness! At lunch, he mainly just ran around the office and played with EVERY door that he could find! He also tried to still a kiss from our equipment manager's daughter, but she wasn't into it. It was still so cute!
The press conference was PACKED! There weren't even enough chairs for all the people! It was such a good feeling to see such support for our guys! Tyson did really well with his speech this year; I am so proud of him! Jake, on the other hand, was completely oblivious to what was going on. He was just so content to push his stroller in the corner, so I just let him be. He did laugh out loud one time REALLY LOUDLY during one of the speeches, but everyone thought it was cute, so I didn't mind. Yay for another successful Signing Day!
By the way, this is THE BEST signing class in UAB history...I am so proud of our coaches. They have worked SO hard. Can y'all believe our recruiting class is ranked 61st (I think) in the nation and 3rd in our conference? How awesome! Go Blazers!



No comments:
Post a Comment