Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Santa's Lap: Round 2

This is my favorite of all the pictures. First, this is the closest thing to a smile that I could get from Jake, and second, I love Walker's expression here. Jake gave that same look his first two years with Santa.


Santa Claus came to visit the boys' school today!! Thursdays aren't a regular school day for us, but we went anyway in hopes of 1) overcoming Jake's fear of Santa Claus' lap and 2) getting a "decent" picture with Santa Claus. The pictures definitely weren't perfect, but I think we achieved "decent enough." ;) And guess who was not afraid of Santa Claus?

I was so proud of Jake! We had talked about it, prepared for it, and bribed hard...and it worked! He walked right up to Santa, got in his lap, told him what he wanted, and posed for pictures. Jake was also so proud of himself! If only he would have really smiled and not made such silly faces, it would have been perfect. Oh well, what can you expect from a 2 year old little boy?

Walker, of course, wasn't phased by the whole "Santa's lap" thing...for now; I know his time is coming, too, though. Just as I get one child unafraid, then there's the next child, right? Ha! I will say this, Walker usually gives out smiles pretty freely, but he's yet to crack a smile in the big guy's lap. Hmm...I think Walker may be on to him! ;)







No comments: