Jake's class were all black sheep. Umm, I totally had to ask the teacher what they were. Ha!
Jake's class had their Christmas program at school today, and what a doozy it was! First off, we were running late, so I was stressed and the boys were rushed, which never makes for a good situation. We get to Jake's class and they are literally about to walk out the door to go on stage, so the teacher hands me this mask (that is pictured above) to put on Jake. Let me tell you how well that went....it didn't!! Jake REFUSED to put the mask on and no matter what I did, said, bribed, NOTHING was working. I finally just decided to walk out and let his teacher put it on him because he seems to mind her better than me, and sure enough, she got it on him.
Let me back up and tell you something about Jake- Jake is very cautious, reserved, shy, and just very slow to warm up to things; he needs to think about it for a little while and process it before doing something new or different. Well, between the whole mask situation and then putting Jake on a stage in front of an audience of people, things didn't turn out that well. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't the way I had hoped it would turn out.
After I left Jake with his class, Walker and I ran up to the auditorium and got our seats. Jake's class then entered the auditorium and one-by-one I see his classmates come in...but no Jake. Finally, the teacher, Miss Brittany, brings up the back and she is literally having to drag Jake into the auditorium; she eventually just reaches down and picks him up and holds him before putting him on stage. By the time she got him on stage, though, there was no room left for Jake, so she had to put him on the row behind his classmates. :( Poor Jake, not only could he not be seen, but he decided to turn around the whole time and stare at the big kids singing behind him. Oh, and did I mention he had a pouty face the whole time?
Like I said, it was a doozy of a Christmas program for my sweet Jake. Next year, I'll know what to expect, and I'm going to start preparing him early for the performance. I just feel so bad that I rushed him and didn't prepare him. :( Oh well, we'll get 'em next time.
I have some a TON of pictures from today, so I'll post the rest in another post. Enjoy the pictures of my little black sheep!



No comments:
Post a Comment