I don't know who was more excited Christmas Day- me and Tyson or the kids! It was so much fun this year, and it seems to get better and better every year!
In years past, we've had our families come to Birmingham for Christmas, but this year, it was our turn to do the travelling. It definitely created a kind of lonely Christmas Eve and a hectic Christmas Day, but it was also nice to spend the time together as a family of four. And thank goodness we didn't leave earlier than Christmas Day because we ended up in the ER at Children's Christmas Eve with Walker! Poor baby had a stomach bug on top of a cold, and it just wiped him out...and us, too! But luckily, the ER was pretty empty that night, so that on top of me being an employee there, they got us in and out pretty quickly. :) We were all pretty worn out, though, on Christmas Day.
After being up for several hours on Christmas Eve, we let Walker sleep in while Jake enjoyed his presents from Santa. I was really looking forward to getting some pictures of them walking (or crawling) into the room together and getting their reactions to their Santa stuff, but I guess we'll just have to wait until next year.
I hope y'all had a Merry Christmas! More posts to come soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment