Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Tree Lighting Ceremony

I don't know who looks more uncomfortable in this picture- me, my children, or Santa Claus! Ha! Is this not the worst picture you've ever seen?

Here comes Santa Claus!



Oh Jake...you definitely aren't my photogenic child!


Our neighborhood had its annual lighting of the Christmas tree on the green tonight, and for the first time since we've lived here, the boys and I got to go. For some reason, we've always been busy when they had this; I think I usually work every year on this weekend since it is the first weekend after football season. Eitherway, I was so glad we got to go, and we are definitely going to make it a family tradition. Maybe Tyson can actually go with us next year, though! (He's been gone all week recruiting and still isn't home yet.) :(


My mom came to town to keep the boys while I worked last night, so she got to join us for the event, and it worked out perfectly to have her there. You see, she stood in line with Walker for Santa Claus while Jake and I watched the performance and played in the bounce house. The line to see Santa Claus (as were the lines for the food, carousel, wagon-rides, etc) was RIDICULOUS! Thankfully, though, we got through there quickly thanks to my mom. :) Unfortunately, though, the Santa experience wasn't quite as how I imagined it. Jake froze up when we approached Santa...as you can tell by the pictures. He had no problems yelling to Santa from across the room what he wanted for Christmas, but as soon as we got close to Santa, Jake was done. Ugh! Oh well, we have a few more photo opportunities with Santa coming up, so maybe I'll get a decent photo one of these days!

No comments: