We spent last weekend in Thomaston celebrating an early Christmas with my mom's side of the family. We usually go to Cochran to my grandparents' house, but we switched it up this year to make it a little easier on my grandparents. It definitely wasn't the same, but we had fun nonetheless.
My parents rented some cabins to house all the cousins, and although they were a little rustic (ie no internet access), we had the best time ever! I'm pretty sure we just started a new tradition for "Cochran Christmas."
There are so many stories from this last weekend, but I'm pretty sure some things don't need to be blogged about. ;)
One thing I will mention is about our ride home...Walker had a febrile seizure. He has never had one before, and Lord I pray he never has another one. It was soooo scary, even for this pediatric nurse! Here's what happened (mainly for my knowledge more than anything): he was extremely fussy on the ride home so I jumped in the backseat with the boys to calm him down. Well, he felt a little warm, so Tyson pulled over and we gave him Tylenol. About 15 minutes later, he quit fussing, became listless, turned his head to the side, and his eyes started twitching back and forth very quickly. I was so freaked out, but I tried to remain calm as to not freak Jake and Tyson out. The seizure last about 8 minutes per Tyson but I think it lasted a little longer...of course, though, it felt like a lifetime to me. He eventually came around and started fussing again, but then he totally went post-ictal and fell asleep. :( Given the length of time the seizure lasted, we totally should have called 911, but we were in the middle of Wedowee, Alabama, so we just booked it back to Birmingham to our doctor. Our pediatrician ran a handful of tests, but he couldn't find the source of Walker's fever. And unfortunately, he said Walker will probably have more febrile seizures, especially since he seized at such a low temperature. :( Scary, huh?
Anyways, despite the bad ending, we had a great time at "Cochran Christmas" in Thomaston. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for everything!



No comments:
Post a Comment