Before this game on Thursday, I had promised myself that I would quit blogging about football. I started this blog to keep our families updated on Jake, and I'm afraid I'm taking away from that by talking about football. Plus, let's just be honest, I may be married to a football coach and the daughter of a former football coach, but I really don't know that much about football. However, football is obviously a huge part of our lives and I can't act like it doesn't exist, so I will continue to blog about it...maybe just not that much, though. But I definitely have to blog about this last game for sure!
This last Thursday night, UAB hosted Southern Miss at home on National TV AND WE WON 30-17!!! It was by far the most exciting game I have ever been to in my entire life! I still get chills thinking about it. You see, UAB football has only been around for about 18 years (and only 15 years in D-1), and in those 18 years, UAB has played Southern Miss 9 times and HAS NEVER BEAT THEM! Not this year though! Some people are saying this is UAB's 2nd biggest win (other than beating LSU in 2000), and I'm just so excited that we could be apart of it! I'm so proud of the players and Tyson and the other coaches...this was a much needed and deserved win!
In case you are wondering, Jake was sound asleep at the neighbors' house while this was going on...that is why I was finally able to get some pictures! Thanks so much, Ashley, for keeping Jake, and I'm sorry for keeping you up so late! :(
Oh yeah, and sorry there aren't more action shots, Dad. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment