My sweet Jake...oh how difficult my sweet Jake can be! I've been worrying about Jake's Halloween costume for quite some time now; I knew he would not tolerate wearing anything on his head and I knew he wouldn't tolerate wearing something plush. What else is left for a toddler to wear for Halloween?
I ordered the "UPS Guy" costume (which is hilarious), but it's too big; Jake's probably gonna wear it anyway to his school party because he can't wear anything scary. So then I got the brilliant idea to find something that looks like "Blaze." You see, Blaze is UAB's mascot and Jake is IN LOVE with Blaze; he talks about him all the time and constantly wants to see a picture of Blaze. I thought I could use his love of Blaze to my advantage and find a dragon costume that he might actually wear if I convince him it's Blaze. I found the perfect costume, but as soon as Jake took one look at it, he freaked out!!
I've really been working with him this week on coming around to liking the costume and not being afraid of it. We've made progress, but up until this last Tuesday, he would not put the top on. I outsmarted him, though, and offered to let Ryan put it on, and Jake put it on immediately!
So here is a sneak peak of Jake in his Blaze costume (minus the bottoms and minus the headpiece). Just pray that I can convince him to wear the top and the bottoms on the day of Halloween! Otherwise, he might be the only kid trick-or-treating in street clothes! Ha!



No comments:
Post a Comment