"Very chatty today" is what Jake's note home from school said yesterday. Ha! I wonder where he gets that from? Apparently the 3 words he said a lot yesterday were "Macy" (his friend at school who he just recently started saying her name), "hi," and "Daddy." Sure enough, he must have asked me a million times yesterday if "daddy ball ball?" Translation: Is Daddy at football? I've never ever done this before in Jake's 21 months of life, but I ended up sending Tyson a text around 5:00 saying "Please come home...your child can't stop asking where you are." What can I say? This little boy loves his Daddy and is obsessed with him and his football!
Once Tyson did get home, it was time for Jake to go to bed, and low and behold, Jake was wired and wanted to play with his Daddy. We were trying to calm Jake down, so I had the brilliant idea to show him pictures on the computer. (He loves looking at pictures of our family on the computer!) Anyways, out of the blue, he saw a picture of the 3 of us and he started naming everyone- "Mama, Daddy, Jake!" HE SAID HIS NAME! We were floored! That was the first time he has ever said his own name, and it was adorable! I think we must have made him say it at least a hundred times after that just to make sure that is what he was saying and because it sounded so darn cute! I'll try to get it on video at some point!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Enjoy the oldie but goodie pictures at the top- they were taken this summer at the beach and somehow shuffled aside. My sweet Jake!



No comments:
Post a Comment