Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 19, 2009

Brrr!




I'm sorry for neglecting the blog lately; I'm kind of over it lately. In fact, I'm over a lot of things, but that is another post in itself.


Right now, though, I'm really over us being sick. Yes, Jake is sick again. This week, my precious child has croup. It all started with a barky cough last Wednesday and slowly got worse from there; on Saturday, he started running fever again, and by Sunday, he was wheezing and had stridor. I finally admitted defeat today and took him to the doctor after he started having retractions this morning. (Sorry for all the medical jargon...too tired to explain). For the most part, Jake was in mild respiratory distress when I took him in today; we got some steroids, though, and hopefully those will do the trick very soon.


One good thing about Jake having croup this weekend is that we had a really good excuse to get outside in the cold! (The cold air helps his breathing). Jake really enjoyed putting on his jacket and strutted around the neighborhood like he was hot stuff! Too bad I couldn't convince him to wear something other than his Crocs, though! That is gonna be a difficult battle this winter...the boy loves his Crocs!


Sorry for the "poor us" post! I'm just so bummed about Jake being sick again! I am very thankful, though, that it isn't worse and that he seems to be doing well. Hopefully, I will have a more upbeat post after Wednesday's 13 week check-up for baby #2! Only 5 more weeks til we find out if this kiddo is a boy or girl!


Thanks to Mary Ann (Tyson's mom) for coming to our rescue and taking care of us this weekend! I don't know what we would have done without you!

No comments: