Pat Pat and Jake
Ryleigh Kate
Chitterlings:
(chit⋅ter⋅lings)
–noun (used with a singular or plural verb)
the small intestine of swine, esp. when prepared as food.
–noun (used with a singular or plural verb)
the small intestine of swine, esp. when prepared as food.
Also, chitlings, chitlins.
While Tyson was in West Virginia this weekend with the football team, Jake and I hit the road and headed to Thomaston to visit my parents. And yes, as the title implies, we went to Thomaston's annual "Chitlin' Hoedown." I haven't been to the Chitlin' Hoedown in over 10 years, and let's just say I'm good for at least another 10 years! If you've never smelled chitlin's being cooked, it is by far the most offensive smell I have ever smelled!
My cousin Christy and her two kids, Chase and Ryleigh Kate, along with her brother's son, Connor, made the trek to Thomaston to attend the Chitlin Hoedown with us. According to Ryleigh Kate, "It was a good day." Ha! Jake had so much fun with his cousins, but we definitely missed the rest of the gang! Oh well, maybe we can get everyone together next year for the Chitlin Hoedown!



No comments:
Post a Comment