I am 13 weeks this week and almost out of the 1st trimester! Yay! Pregnancy really hasn't been that bad this time, though; I really haven't had any nausea...just tons of fatigue. And I already mentioned all the food aversions that I've had and my lack of appetite, so that's been kind of weird, but it's getting better. All in all, I started feeling like old self about 2 weeks ago, so I am very thankful!
Baby #2 and I had a checkup today, and everything looks good! The heartbeat was 156 today, so Dr. McKee thinks it's a girl. You should have seen the look on Tyson's face when he said that...I thought he was gonna pass out! Ha! I don't really believe that Old Wives' Tale, especially since Jake's heartrate was always in the 150's, too!
Speaking of the sex of the baby, that is all that consumes my mind lately. Yes, of course, I want a healthy baby more than anything and worry about that as well, but that's no fun to think about so I just focus on the gender. :) We get to find out in 4 weeks at our next appointment, and I can't wait!
WARNING: TOO MUCH INFORMATION! The young and old should stop reading now! (That means you, Dad!)
So about the gender of the baby, I'm gonna have a little poll in the next few weeks to see what everyone thinks. I'll give you some hints based on Old Wives' Tales to help; it should be fun! Anyways, I've had 3 dreams so far that it's a boy, and in the back of my mind, I really think it is a boy. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not 100% convinced, though. I've just been feeling so different this time, I can't help but wonder if it's a girl. Well, all last week I kept seeing all these signs...for a boy and a girl. You see, Tyson and I already have a girl name and a boy name picked out, and while they aren't extremely common, I've been seeing the names everywhere...on a lawnmower, on a food commercial, kids at the hospital, etc. It's crazy! Getting to the graphic part: so this weekend I just prayed to God to give me one big sign to ease my mind. Sure enough, that night I had the craziest dream...Tyson and I went in for the ultrasound and the first thing that pops on the screen is a big ole' penis! The penis was bigger than the baby! The ultrasound tech laughed and said, "it is definitely a boy!" Ha!
All joking aside, we are so excited that God has blessed us with this pregnancy. Whether it's a girl or boy, we are so excited about being given another chance to be parents. Please keep us in your prayers for our ultrasound on November 18; people tend to focus on finding out the sex of their baby on this ultrasound, but it is so much more important than that. This is the first real look at the baby and the anatomy. Thanks!



2 comments:
I think it is a boy! Jace's heartbeat was always super fast - right until the end. But I had MOST of the other wives tales that said it was a boy all along. I think there can be some truth to them...for fun...What does the Chinese calendar say?
I guessed wrong with both of mine, so I'm obviously no expert. However, with the scientific information you presented...sounds likt a boy. :)
Post a Comment