Is it just me or does anyone else feel like I am constantly posting about Jake being sick? I don't think I even mentioned the stomach virus he had back in September or the sniffles that he had a couple of weeks ago or the nasty bug bite he had back in August that got infected, but yes, poor little Jake is sick again. I had big plans for taking lots of cute pictures this week and posting them to the blog, but this is what y'all get instead...a pitiful little boy laying on a pallet in the floor after breaking a fever.
Jake woke up with a fever yesterday morning and has run a pretty high fever about every 4 hours since. He's been complaining about his mouth hurting for the last few days, so I thought it might be strep or something....nope, just a virus. I was really surprised but glad it wasn't something he had to go on antibiotics for; Jake had just finished up a 14 day course of Amoxicillin for his mouth injury (which is finally better), and we are both so over antibiotics!
Jake is doing pretty well other than the fever; he's eating pretty decently and acting playful when he's not febrile. The only thing that's kind of different this time is that Jake has NOT wanted to sleep in his crib while he's running a fever, but he refuses to sleep in the bed with us (thank goodness for that...kinda!). He just wants to be held the whole time! It ends up being at least a two and a half hour process, though, of 30 minutes of chills and starting to spike the fever and then another hour of letting the medicine kick in and then another hour of sweating off the fever. Let me tell you, I am exhausted! The worse part is (other than the fact that I cannot sleep sitting up) is that my baby bump has gotten so big it hurts to even hold my child! It's been a rough 24 hours, but I'm hoping we're on our way down from this! Poor little Jake is dieing to play with Ryan again and is so miserable being cooped up inside!



1 comment:
Hope he's better soon and that you can all get some rest!
Post a Comment