Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Surgery Update

Waiting...
Waiting...Starving...
SICK OF WAITING AND STARVING!

Out!...

And so is Daddy!
Sweet boy!

We just got home from the hospital and Jake is sleeping soundly, so I wanted to give a quick update while I had the chance. Jake's surgery this morning went very well! We got to the hospital at about 6:55 am (after being NPO since 11:30 pm Monday night), but they didn't take him back to the OR until about 10:15. I had no idea he was going to be going back that late; it was by far the worst part of the whole day...waiting around in a small space with a sleepy, hungry baby! After Tyson and I walked about 3 miles a piece to calm Jake down, Jake FINALLY dozed off...and so did Tyson! It was really cute! Anyways, they came to get Jake about 10:15, and by 11, the surgeon had already stopped by our room and said everything went well. Jake stayed in recovery for about an hour (which gave me long enough to visit with my coworkers and boss), and then he was back to the room! I can't get over how quick it all was! Anyways, Jake was kind of groggy when he got back to the room, but after a few man-burps, he quickly downed some apple juice and we were out the door! He seems to be doing well since being home. In fact, he actually got down and started walking around within minutes of being home! It's amazing! Thank you all for your prayers, texts, emails, phone calls etc! God is good!

Getting my IV taken out!

Nurse Mommy checking out my incision! I'm such a tough little boy!

2 comments:

Kellen Family said...

Beth - I'm so glad that things went smoothly today (except the start time of the surgery). You know our hospital can be a little slow with things :) I'm sure you're happy that it's all over with, and Jake looks great! Take care of your sweet little boy!

Tamila said...

OK she has no glove on when she is taking his IV out!! I am glad everything went well. Love to you both!