Monday, December 15, 2008
Jake's Surgery
Well, tomorrow is the big day for Jake's hernia surgery. The nurse should be calling me any minute to give me a definite time, but I know he will definitely be one of the first cases since he is so young. They try to schedule the babies first since they have to be NPO, which means nothing to eat or drink by mouth. I'm kind of glad that he is gonna to be going so early so we can get it out of the way! I am dreading it so much!! Anesthesia called me a couple of weeks ago to pre-op Jake, and I busted out crying on the phone! I know that lady must think I am a nutcase! Yes, it should be an "easy" procedure, but that doesn't make me feel any better no matter how many times people tell me that. As a nurse, I have seen so many things go wrong on simple, routine procedures, and I can't help but assume the worse. I just have to keep reminding myself, though, that I'm not the nurse in this situation, I'm Jake's mama and I have to do what's best for my child. I just feel so bad that he's having to go through with this, and I know the next few days are going to be difficult. Please pray for my sweet baby boy and the doctors, the nurses, and the rest of the staff at the Children's Hospital who will be taking care of Jake. I will try to update the blog on Jake's status as soon as I am able to tomorrow. Wish us luck and please don't forget to say a prayer for us! Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment