I can't believe it, but Walker is already 7 weeks old! He is starting to sleep better during the day, and he is getting better about having to be held constantly. He is still on the same nighttime sleep schedule as the last time I posted (9:30 pm, 3 am, and 6 am), but he actually had one night this week where he slept from 9:30 until 5 am! It was amazing...it was also a fluke, but I'm hoping it happens again really soon!
As you might can tell by the pictures, Walker's tear ducts are blocked again. This is the 2nd time this has happened in his right eye and the 1st for his left eye. I feel so bad for the little fellow; we go to the doctor this week for his 2 month checkup, so hopefully we'll find out more about it.
Walker is really cooing and smiling a lot these days; he is such a sweet baby! He is also batting at objects in front of him...including big brother at times. :)
We just love this little guy so much, but his biggest fan is definitely his big brother. If you ask Jake who he loves the most, he says "Baby Walker." So sweet...I just love my boys!
Speaking of Jake...
...we started potty training again this weekend! It's already going better than last time so I feel really good about it (knock on wood!). We are using a little different method this time...we started the day with a "Big boy party" that consisted of lots of balloons, cupcakes, and singing "Happy big boy party to you!" several times (this method we are using doesn't mention this, but what I thought it would be fun anyways). We then had him throw away all the diapers and then don the big boy underwear, which he actually asked for anyways when he woke up. We are also saying lots of "you need to tell mama when you have to go potty" instead of asking "do you need to go potty, Jake?;" we are also letting him tell us when he needs to go versus putting him on the potty every hour or so like I did last time. And lastly, we are also focusing more on a potty training chart for rewards instead of just giving "M and M's" when he goes. So there you have it! So far, so good! He's only had two accidents (one wet and one dirty), but otherwise, he has gone potty 23 times today! Yep, 23 times! Crazy huh? The method (as do most) calls for an increased fluid intake, so that's why he is going so much. We are so proud of our big boy! I just hope it works! Wish us luck!
Showing off his Thomas the Train underwear!
And now showing off his potty training chart!



No comments:
Post a Comment