Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Our Family


I finally got the proofs back of Walker's newborn photo shoot from my photographer friend, Kelly, so I thought I would share this one of our precious little family. Jake is sporting a fake smile, but at least it's a smile! I just adore this picture!

I'll post some more pictures another time...I don't want to ruin the surprise of the birth announcement! :) It's amazing, though, how different Walker already looks from those pictures! He is getting cuter and cuter by the day!

In other news, IT'S OVER!...May recruiting that is! Hallelujah! We survived! For those of you who aren't familiar with recruiting, it's a college football coach's wife's worst nightmare...or mine at least. Tyson recruits for about 3 months a year and is gone pretty much all week long and some weekends for the whole month; we hardly ever get to see him during that time, so I refer to myself as a single mother during those times. As you can imagine, it's very hard on our family, and Tyson, too. Our recruiting coordinator and head coach were very good to Tyson this time, though, given our situation (a newborn and a toddler and a stressed out Mama), so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Plus, my parents were awesome and helped me out tremendously...I say it all the time, but I don't know what I'd do without my Mom. We always joke that when I married Tyson, my parents married in to the college football lifestyle, too! Thank goodness for amazing and supporting parents!

You know what else is over? My maternity leave! These last 6 weeks have flown by! *tear* I'm extremely nervous about returning, especially since Walker is almost exclusively nursing and since he is no where near sleeping through the night. Thank goodness I only work once a week; I have no idea how Tyson and I could handle much more. Actually, Tyson is an amazing father, so I'm sure he could have handled it, but I just feel so bad for him. He works really long hours during the week, and then to come home on the weekends and keep both boys all by himself for 12 hours of work and then about 5 hours of sleep AND get up in the middle of the night to feed the baby? He's got his work cut out for him, but I know he'll do just fine! We'll see how I handle it! :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm gonna go enjoy my time with my boys!

No comments: