Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wow!

Tomorrow is the big day...we find out the sex of baby #2! I can't believe it is finally here! I didn't think I'd make it, but to be honest, the last week or so has flown by. And while I'm being honest, I might as well admit to all my attempts at convincing people to do ultrasounds on me these last couple of weeks. First, I fibbed to this place in Macon when I was 14 weeks and told them I was actually 16 weeks to see if they could tell a little early; unfortunately, there were no spots left for that weekend I was in town. Then, I begged everyone I know at my hospital to find a hook-up in the ultrasound department, and then I begged my OB to just "check for possible ovarian cysts" when I went in for another UTI 2 weeks ago. Speaking of UTI, I visited a urologist last week where I begged her to perform my renal ultrasound early instead of waiting til this Friday. I tried really hard, but it seems it was in my cards to have my ultrasound tomorrow.

I know I've put a lot of emphasis on my excitement about finding out the sex of the baby, but I am really nervous about this ultrasound. I've been doing well pregnancy-wise with this baby, but I've had a lot of other issues that concern me. You see, I am on my 5th urinary tract infection of this pregnancy; like I said in the previous paragraph, I am seeing a urologist, but they are still trying to figure out why I've had so many. I've researched it quite a bit, and I've found that frequent UTI's in pregnancy could be caused by a problem with the baby's kidneys. I'm trying not to worry about it, but how can I not? Also, I've been really sick these last few days and been on lots of medicine (more on that later), and it just freaks me out that the baby could have been harmed in this process. And speaking of being harmed, do you know how many elbows, knees, kicks, punches, and blows I have taken to the abdomen by a certain feisty little boy? If this baby comes out in one piece without a deformed head or something, I will be pleasantly surprised. (insert comic relief here) Seriously, I'm not usually a worry-wart, but I think it's just natural to worry about the health of your baby...especially given all my issues.

As far as me being sick, I can honestly say I thought I was going to die yesterday. It all started Saturday night when we got home from Memphis; I started sneezing and having lots of nasal congestion that night. I thought it was just allergies, but when I woke up Sunday, I was feeling worse. Like a dummy, I went to work Sunday (and exposed everyone in my path I'm sure) and started feeling worse as my shift progressed. I started running fever early Monday morning and left work crying my eyes out because I didn't think I was going to make it. Long story short, I went to the doctor where I tested positive for flu and strep. My doctor also thinks I may have pneumonia, but she held off doing a chest xray since I'm pregnant. She loaded me up on tons of meds, but by Monday night, I was feeling worse and had trouble breathing. I went to the ER that night (where I consequently lost my phone or had it stolen from this crack head who was eye-balling it) and got some IV fluids and sent on my way. Oh and I also asked them to do an ultrasound, but no such luck. :( Anyways, I am feeling a little better today, and I no longer feel that I'm on my death bed. It's been rough, though, I'm not gonna lie.

If y'all don't mind sending some prayers this way, I'd appreciate it. I know what's done is done, but a few last minute prayers wouldn't hurt. Thanks!

Oh, and thanks to all who voted in my poll! It looks like 19 people think it's a girl and 3 people think it's a boy. We shall see tomorrow! I will try to post something on here tomorrow as soon as I'm able to!

1 comment:

pcb said...

Gosh, I have to throw out a "bless your heart" to you...what misery to be so sick under any circumstances, much less while you're pregnant and having your phone stolen. Hope you feel better soon; the distraction of 'meeting' your new baby tomorrow will be welcome, I'm sure.