I'm not even gonna tell you what this look is for! :)
First of all, let me just say that I have had no intentions of potty training Jake until this summer...at the earliest. I'm just not ready to rush into it or rush him into it, especially with a baby coming in 4 months...that will be enough of an adjustment for my little boy! However, we have been trying to make him "aware" (so to speak) of some things (trying to spare my dignity here), but I really didn't think things were clicking. Long story short, Jake said several times today "Jake tee tee" as he led me into the bathroom and asked to sit on his potty. I wasn't gonna tell him no even though I had a feeling nothing would come of it. Sure enough, he sat on the potty several times and tried really hard, but to no avail. I'm still really surprised that he has shown an interest; I'm sure he'll completely forget about it tomorrow, though! To be honest, I hope we can avoid this for a couple more months. First, I'm not even sure I know how to potty train him (guess I better read up); and second, it's just bad timing with all the holidays coming up. Any suggestions? I'm just totally caught off guard by all of this!



No comments:
Post a Comment