Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

Holy Hot Air Balloon!

Yesterday was like a scene out of a movie! Jake and I were playing in the backyard, and he wandered off for a few minutes around the side of the house. He was suspiciously quiet, so I went to check on him, and this is what I saw:

A hot air balloon! In my neighborhood! About to crash into my neighbor's house across the street! Jake was just standing there staring at it like it was a UFO or something...we both just stood there in shock! My first thought was, "is there a missing boy in there?" Ha! I immediately ran inside, grabbed my camera, and ran out front to catch it on camera. About that time, my neighbors were all running outside to watch this thing crash (or so we thought.)

Long story short, after barely missing my neighbor's house, the hot air balloon landed safely down the street. We're still not sure if it meant to land on our street, but I can't imagine why it would. It was so crazy, but definitely really cool to watch. I'm not sure how many more times in my life I'll witness a hot air balloon land 6 houses down from me! Jake just loved it, though, and kept saying "big balloon!"

Crazy huh? Just had to post this so my husband would believe me!

No comments: