"My brother is a pretty funny guy!"
I gave Walker rice cereal for the first time today. I remember when Jake turned 4 months old, I was so excited to start rice cereal with him. This time, I wasn't as eager. First of all, all of our meal times are rushed: breakfast is rushed to get out the door to school, lunch is rushed for nap time, and supper is rushed for bedtime. I guess we just need to slow down and take our times at meal times, but I just cannot figure out how to squeeze it all in and feed Walker as well, which can be very time consuming. That sounds horrible of me, I know, but I also have another reason for not being so excited about solids- Jake just had such an issue with eczema and I can't help but think there may be a correlation with food and allergies for my boys. Who knows, though; I bit the bullet today and started it anyway. I'm gonna have to figure out a way to make it work because the boy HAS to eat! Since starting bottles, the boy has become a pig and cannot get full!
Walker did okay with the rice cereal. He didn't have quite the reaction that Jake did (a scowl look on his face), but he wasn't exactly loving it either. Oh well, he'll get used to it!
How sweet are the pics of Jake feeding Walker? To be completely honest, Jake has shown no interest in Walker over the last month; he completely ignores Walker and has nothing to do with him. It breaks my heart, but I've been praying he'll come around. (Walker, however, is still completely enamored with Jake). Anyways, Jake was sitting next to us eating a snack while I fed Walker; well, I put the spoon down to take some pics of Walker, and Jake asked if he could feed him. As skeptical as I was, I was just so excited Jake showed some interest in his brother and told him he could. And surprisingly, Jake did an amazing job feeding Walker...he even used the spoon to wipe Walker's mouth when he spit out some of the cereal. It was precious!



2 comments:
i LOVE the look on Walker's face through that whole event! That was great!
That is so precious! Pull these pictures out when they are teenagers and remind them of that moment!
Post a Comment