The boys and I made a quick trip to the Zoo this morning. This was my first trip to the Zoo by myself with the two boys, and we didn't last that long for many reasons. For one, it was HOT! And secondly, Walker insisted on being held the entire time and wouldn't have it any other way. Jake was awesome and a huge help, but I could only push the stroller, hold the baby, and keep up with Jake for so long. I was exhausted by the end of the trip, but we survived and I now feel pretty good going by myself. Next time, though, I just gotta figure out how to get Walker to like the sit and stand stroller and actually sit in it!
After we left the Zoo, we got to go eat lunch with Tyson at the football office. The boys haven't seen Tyson since last Sunday afternoon except for 2 middle of the night potty breaks for Jake of which he exclaimed, "Daddy, you're home!" I don't think Tyson has ever been so excited to get up in the middle of the night to take Jake potty!
Jake has really been missing his Daddy. Tyson calls every day around lunch (and any other break that he may get) to check in and Jake gets on the phone and immediately asks, "Daddy, you at the football office?" One day he even said, "Mama, I want to jump into your phone so I can see my Daddy." I could go on and on with the things like this he has said this week, but it just breaks my heart. I knew football season would be hard on Jake, but I had no idea it would be this hard. :(



No comments:
Post a Comment