Walker is a really good eater...probably too good to be honest. He went to the doctor on Friday (more on that later) and weighed 11 lbs! That means he has gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks! He usually nurses every 2 hours during the day and then will take a 5 oz bottle before bedtime.
About going to the doctor...I had a feeling Walker would be a little trouble based on all the little problems I had when I was pregnant with him. It's nothing too big, though, but he has had lots of little issues since birth. For instance, his belly button would spontaneously bleed even after it had fallen off; this is actually pretty common, but nobody wants to see their newborn bleeding! Scary! And then last week, he woke up with his eye all matted over...turns out he has a blocked tear duct. For 7 days, he has been on an antibiotic ointment 3 times a day and has had to have his eye massaged 4 times a day. It looks better, but apparently this is something we will probably be dealing with until he is about a year old. Moving on to the next issue and the reason we took him to the doctor, his big toes have ingrown toenails and are on the verge of being infected. They look awful and seem to be painful to poor little Walker; the pediatrician said he had never seen a toenail become ingrown and infected in a newborn, so we are trying to do some warm soaks and antibiotic ointment to see if that helps.
What else? Walker's eyes still have me confused...they are starting to look less slate blue and are turning more of a deep blue. I can't remember when Jake's eyes officially turned brown, but they never look like this. I'm pretty sure they won't stay this color since the only immediate family member (that I know of) with blue eyes is my mom's mom. Either way, they are beautiful now and will be beautiful no matter what. Such a mystery though!
Walker is a pretty easy going baby...when he is being held. (Insert big sigh here!) The bouncy seat and swing will only pacify him for a few minutes before the screaming starts...as soon as you pick him up, he's fine. When I'm alone during the day with the boys, it's obviously very hard to do everything I need to be doing while holding a baby, so I usually have to put him in the Baby Bjorn. It works...for now. I've never seen such a spoiled little baby! :)
Oh, and how could I forget? Walker smiled at me this week for the first time! He's done it for Daddy a few times, too, since then! So cute! I will definitely try to get a picture of it this week.
Things with Jake are still going very well; he is starting to learn that if he wakes up baby Walker, then that means Walker has to be held and Mama can't exactly do as much for Jake. He has really been saying "be quiet" a lot! Ha! I'm so proud of him. He loves to give his little brother lots of hugs and kisses!
"G mama," who Jake has now started calling "grandmama," came for a visit this weekend. She watched the boys Friday night so that Tyson and I could go to the Tim McGraw concert and then she watched them again Saturday night so that we could go out to eat. We had so much fun this weekend! Thanks, Grandmama for helping!
And of course, I couldn't not post a picture of this cutie. He wouldn't exactly cooperate and give me a good picture, so this will have to do. How do you like all that sweat? He's a mess these days...I've never seen one individual sweat so much so easily before in my life. I'm afraid a buzz cut might be in his future!
Oh, and our sweet Jake woke up with a stomach bug this morning, so please pray baby Walker doesn't get it. Hope y'all had a great weekend!



1 comment:
Walker always looks like he's thinking so hard! You have some mighty precious boys...
Post a Comment