Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Trip to the Zoo


Note to self...if you feed a roaming peacock Teddy Grahams, he will stalk you and your child until you give it more. Don't feed the animals!

Kaden

Kendall and her crazy hair!

Carson
Jake trying to feed the Ostrich a Teddy Graham...didn't he learn his lesson from the peacock incident?




How precious is this of the triplets going down the steps?

This is the "Rock Fortress." The kids had a lot of fun on it, but between watching Jake and the triplets, it was stressful! Why would you make a kid's play structure made of rocks and steep steps?

My sweet angel



Jake LOVED petting the goats...

...and the sheep (even though Mollie and I were extremely freaked out by the sheep...they keep biting each other, and I knew Jake was next!)

Today, Jake and I made our first trip to the Birmingham Zoo for 2010, and we had THE BEST TIME EVER! We met Mollie and the Thompson Triplets there and spent a good 3 hours walking around the Zoo, petting the animals in the Petting Zoo, playing on the "Rock Fortress" (as I call it), and riding the Merry-Go-Round. I am completely exhausted, but it was well worth it!


Jake's favorite animals are Zoo animals; if you ask him about the animals at the Zoo, he quickly rattles off "snakes, elephants, giraffes, lion, tigers, zebras, monkeys, camels." He is so funny how he remembers all of those animals and that they all belong at the Zoo. Anyways, he was in heaven today when he woke up from his nap and I told him we were going to the Zoo. He insisted on taking his Little People elephant with him! :) I have a feeling we are going to be making lots of trips to the Zoo this year!

No comments: