Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jake's New Room

This is Jake waking up from his first nap in his big boy bed!
He was a little cranky when he first woke up!




Well, we're only a couple of days into Jake sleeping in his big boy bed, but so far so good! Gosh, I hope I didn't just jiinx it! Anyways, we have not had a single problem at night with him in the bed...knock on wood. We've been going about our normal bedtime routine, which includes reading a book, saying our prayers, and then singing "Jesus Loves Me" as I rock him, and then he gets into his bed and goes right to sleep. He hasn't gotten down a single time, and when he wakes up in the morning, he just calls for us to come get him. Nap time, however, has been a different story.


The first 2 days of sleeping in the big boy bed for naps was a struggle; in fact, I don't think he even napped at all on Friday. School days are hard on Jake anyways and naps are always very difficult because he's usually so wound up, so I should have known better. Long story short, he played in his room the entire length of his nap and somehow got into some ointment for his eczema and made a huge mess with that. Thankfully though, he has done much better napping this weekend in his bed for Tyson.


We ended up going ahead and taking down his crib because he refuses to get in it now; it worked out well, though, because we were able to completely finish decorating his big boy room (minus hanging pictures). It's amazing how much more room there is now that that big crib is gone! And no, we are not using Jake's crib for Walker. Jake's crib had some parts recalled, and I just didn't feel good about it, so we bought a new, inexpensive crib for Walker. Here is a picture of Walker's new crib and bedding:


We are slowly putting Walker's room together, so I don't have any more pictures of it right now to post. We are not painting his room, so it will remain the same boring khaki that is in the rest of the house. Poor Walker, he isn't even born and is already getting the shaft...cheap crib, leftover mis-match furniture, boring wall color, hand-me downs for clothes. Oh well, such is life for the 2nd born, right? Thank goodness he has this awesome new bedding all for himself, though! I have an amazing friend who bought all of this for baby Walker so he can have something new all for himself! I LOVE IT!!! Thanks friend!

Here are some pictures of Jake's big boy room. Keep in mind we haven't hung anything on the walls yet, so it isn't completely done. I am probably going to leave the "J-A-K-E" letters hanging above his bookshelf, but I'm going to rearrange those football pictures of my dad, Tyson, and Tyson's dad. I also have a really cute baseball bat lamp and some mini-football helmets from all of the schools that Tyson has worked at (Presbyterian, Troy, Georgia, Georgia Southern, and UAB) that I am eventually going to get around to putting out. Anyways, here it is!

Jake's closet...aren't you impressed, Mom?

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I hope to have some pictures to post soon of Jake and Tyson's adventure to the McWane Science center this weekend, so be on the look out for those! I worked all weekend so I couldn't go with them, but I had a good weekend at the hospital and had some eye-opening experiences. Here is one little story from the weekend:

I was taking care of a 14 year-old newly diagnosed cancer patient who was one of the cutest and sweetest kids I have ever taken care of in my 8 years of nursing. Anyways, he was there for his first round of chemo but he was having lots of complications. I was in his room assessing him when the care assistant (nursing assistant, tech, whatever you want to call it) came in to take his vitals...his blood pressure was elevated and his heart rate was high, so the care assistant asked if he was in any pain. He looked at her with the sweetest little face and said, "No, I feel like a million bucks." I almost started crying...it was the cutest thing I've ever heard a patient say...especially knowing his situation. What an amazing attitude to have; it definitely helps put things in perspective!

No comments: