Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Playing in the Creek


Ma Ma is going to kill me for this picture, but this is how it all got started...


Spenser says, "You want to go get in the water, Jake?"
Jake says, "No. I think I'm gonna go play in the dirt."
Ryleigh Kate wasn't so sure about playing in the creek either!
Carson wasn't scared!
Jake was very content playing in the dirt...
Hmm...Jake looks a little interested, don't you think?

...not so much! It's COLD!
At least Mommy had a good time!
Spenser loved it so much that he went face first into the water twice!

Yes, folks. We are red and proud!
Ryleigh Kate ended up loving it!...

...but not as much as this little guy!


My Grandparents have the coolest yard ever. Not only is it huge, but it has a fire pit, gazebo, lots of seating areas, a swing set, tons of cool paths, beautiful bridges, and a really fun creek with lots of twists and turns. I remember as a kid playing in their yard and thinking it was the best thing ever; the creek has created lots of "islands" that made for some interesting games of "voyagers" as a kid. We were never allowed to play in the creek, though, which was fine by me. You see, someone (probably my mean older sister) told me that the creek water was sewer water, and dumb me believed it and stayed FAR away from the water. There was the occasional slippage of the foot as I island hopped, though. Anyway, as we were playing in the yard Thursday, my Grandmother put a toy boat in the creek. The kids loved it! We followed that boat from one end of the creek to the other; my Grandmother had to rescue the boat before it went down the drainage pipes, so she got on in the creek and pulled it out! I was shocked!! I've never seen anyone go in the creek (intentionally) before! I guess it's not sewer water afterall! :) It didn't take long before all the kids (and me too!) were in the creek, too, having the BEST time! Jake was content playing in the dirt on the creek bed, but I eventually took off his pants and stuck his feet in. I wish I could say he enjoyed the creek as much as the other kids, but the water was SO COLD that he wanted out ASAP! Oh well, I'm sure he'll be island hopping and wading in the creek one day!

No comments: