Jake's name written in the sand


Yah mon! We're back from Jamaica, and we had the BEST time! We ate a lot, slept well, relaxed, played hard, and just enjoyed hanging out just the two of us! The trip did get off to a rough start seeing as how I got stung by a wasp within the first 20 minutes of being at the resort...man those Jamaican wasp don't play! I still have a nice big red mark on my arm from that dang wasp, but it is now camouflaged by an even nicer display of SUNBURN! Yep, that Jamaican sun fooled us! The first day it was windy and cold, so we stayed bundled up. The next day, it was sunny but no sun was to be had on our poor white ghostly bodies. So on the third day, we (mostly I) cut back on the sun block, and now we're paying for it! I ended up getting sun poisoning for the first time in my life, and now I look like a lobster...for real. Tyson just ended up with some really weird streaks from a bad sunblock job...it's actually quite funny looking!
We had a great time overall, but we definitely missed our little boy! Jake was very well taken care of, though, by my parents and my sister...thank you all so much! Oh, and the wonderful vacation was capped off by an HCG level of 3! I got a voicemail from my doctor's office while we were gone that my HCG levels are now "normal" and I don't have to get rechecked until next week! Praise God...or in the words of our Jamaican friends, "NO PROBLEM, MON!" 
I think the highlight of our trip was going snorkeling on a coral reef and sailing to this beautiful waterfall. Do y'all remember that waterfall in the movie "Cocktails" where Tom Cruise and the girl have a love scene? Well that was the waterfall we got to see! It was breath-taking! It is on a private beach (Naomi Campbell's land to be exact) that can only be reached by boat; our guide took us there and we were the only people for miles. We spent an hour just climbing the waterfall and playing in the fresh spring water that is known to the locals to be a "Pool of Youth." Needless to say, we took a couple of dips for good measure! It was amazing! I regret not having my camera with me to take pictures of the waterfall, but the wind was so bad that I didn't want to take the risk of losing my camera if we toppled over in the sail boat. Take my word for it, though, it was the most beautiful thing I've EVER seen!
We had a great time overall, but we definitely missed our little boy! Jake was very well taken care of, though, by my parents and my sister...thank you all so much! Oh, and the wonderful vacation was capped off by an HCG level of 3! I got a voicemail from my doctor's office while we were gone that my HCG levels are now "normal" and I don't have to get rechecked until next week! Praise God...or in the words of our Jamaican friends, "NO PROBLEM, MON!"
I couln't resist...check out these old men in their Speedo's! I totally thought about you, Donna! Ha ha ha!



2 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful trip in spite of the wasp and sunburn issues! Love the picture (think it's the 4th one...Tyson has on a red shirt) of y'all.
Oh my gosh! How funny was that body builder at PCB at the pool. I laught EVERY time I see that picture. I remember us both trying SO hard to get him in the background of the photo...those were good times! I'm jealous of your trip by the way...you look great!
Post a Comment