As I type this, I just realized I didn't do a post for Jake's 13 month birthday. Such a bad mom! Today Jake turned 14 months old, and he really isn't doing a ton more than he was a month ago...just saying a few more new words. I can't remember what I've written on here as far as his vocabulary, but here is a quick list of some words that he says: mama, dada, bye bye, yea yea, shoe, nana, push, brush, ball, sock, juice, woof-woof, dog, night night, truck, baaa ball (basketball), book, no, doo doo, tee tee (don't ask)...and I can't remember anything else. He is so funny with the "SH" sound; he purses his lips and drags it out for a few seconds. He also articulates "BAALLLL" very well...it is too funny! We've been working on learning animals and which sounds they make; I haven't really emphasized the dog very much, but out of the blue one day we saw a dog and Jake said, "Dog! Woof-woof!" So now at the site, sound, or mention of a dog, Jake always busts out with a "woof woof." Jake will also bust out with an occasional word or phrase that he hears us say (back pack, head butt, etc.), of which he may never repeat again, but it's hysterical. We have already begun spelling if you know what I mean! :)
Jake still loves to play with doors and play hide-and-seek. He doesn't sit still much anymore and won't stay in one room too long; he is always running around the house from room to room. Needless to say, he is wearing me out these days! The only thing I can get him to do for very long is to play basketball; he loves to dunk the basketball over and over again on our little basketball goal set that we have in the living room. He also loves to dunk the football, but that's ok. Tyson has really enjoyed playing ball with Jake lately; he can't catch the ball, but the boy sure can throw it! It's so exciting to see them finally be able to "play."
Jake has QUITE the appetite! No joke when I say the boy can as much as I do, which is a lot! If you can't tell from the pictures, Jake has quite the pot-belly; our new favorite nickname for him is "chubby bunny."
I don't want to make it sound like he has ADD all the time and runs around like a crazy child, he does love to get his favorite books, crawl in my lap, and let me read them cover to cover. And he is SOOOO good at school and at the gym and church nursery. His teachers and the nursery workers always brag about how sweet he is, so he must not be too crazy afterall. Don't get me wrong, he's not an angel ALL the time...he's now started to have melt-downs once Tyson and I walk out of site, but he recovers quickly. Eitherway, Jake really continues to impress me every day. He is growing up way too quickly!



No comments:
Post a Comment