Playing on the electrical box in our PJ's at 3 o'clock in the afternoon! What a day!
He's Trouble (with a capital T)!
Jake might seem to be a playful, happy child in these pictures, but these pictures could not be farther from the truth. Yes, we had about one great hour today playing outdoors, but these last few days have been rough. In fact, last night was the worst night of Jake's whole almost 15 months of life. For real. It all started at the beginning of this week, Jake had a cough and runny nose. Over the week, it got progressively worse. I thought it was just allergies at first and then was convinced it was a virus; long story short and only a couple hours of sleep later, we ended up at the pediatrician's office this morning. Another ear infection!! My poor baby. We go an entire year without having the first ear infection, and now we have 2 within 2 months! I feel so bad for the kiddo!
While at our pediatrician's, he and I talked extensively about Jake's behavior. You see, Jake has become the "playground bully." No joke. I've noticed that he has an aggressive behavior whenever we play with our neighbor Ryan, or any other kid for that matter. Jake is that kid that snatches, throws fits, hits, etc. Well, we were at the playground on Tuesday with my friend Libby and her son James when I notice Jake approach one of our little 3 year old neighbors who happened to be playing with a ball Jake had just put down. Jake tried to snatch it, but the little boy yanked away from him so that Jake couldn't reach it. At this point, I start making my way over to Jake to get him before it escalated. Next thing I know, Jake comes up behind the 3 year old, wraps his arms around him in a bear hug, and then tries to wrestle the boy to the ground! Thank goodness the little boy's mom was right there and got to the boys immediately or else Jake totally would have had him on the ground! I feel like the worst mom ever! Where did my sweet, laid-back little boy go? Or better yet, what in the world have I done to create such a bully? My pediatrician basically told me (after laughing really hard at the story) there is no rationalizing with a 15 month old, but I don't need to let it go on excessively and "I bet that 3 year old learned his lesson!" **Sigh***
Dr. Dudgeon and I also talked about Jake's personality...or lack thereof. Other than being a bully around other kids, Jake has the most awesome personality around me and Tyson. Around other people, though, he won't talk, smile, or do anything! Dr. Dudgeon diagnosed Jake as officially being "shy." He laughed again and said he would never peg Tyson or me as shy or having a shy child, but so be it. Again...***sigh***
One good thing that came of today's appointment is that Jake weighed 25 lbs 15 oz! He's growing like a weed!
Tired, frustrated, and already dreading the terrible 2's. Woe-is-me. Good thing my HCG level from 3/24 was less than 1! Yep, I don't have to go back for a whole month since my level is "right where [they] want it!" Praise God! Now lord, please help me with my little bully before we lose all of our patience and playdates!



1 comment:
jordan went through a short "bully phase" as well. luckily it was short lived and now he's super kind and loving. i will pray that that's the way it is with jake!!! he is soooo cute.
Post a Comment