Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our Little Recruiter

"I'm a little nervous about what to say to the recruits, Daddy. I only know 8 words."
Rivals.com "recruiter of the year"...who could resist these dimples?

Two recruiting weekends down, and two more to go! Jake has made a debut at both weekends, and he has had those recruits' mamas eating out of the palm of his hands. Last weekend we went to the more informal Saturday lunch, but this weekend, we kept Jake up past his bedtime and actually went to Saturday night supper. Several of the other wives and kids were there, and we had so much fun! Jake was really tired, though, and kind of cranky, but he entertained himself with a nice stash of rolls (yes he ate 4 total!), so he made it through dinner without too much fuss. The joke of the night at our table was, "how many rolls is that boy going to eat?" He is definitely a bread guy!

This weekend was a little bittersweet to me because it was this same weekend last year that we brought Jake to his first UAB event. Actually, it was the first time ever we had gotten Jake out of the house other than to go to the doctors' office! I remember 3 things about that weekend last year--1) It was REALLY cold (as it was this year as well), 2) I couldn't find anything that fit (a year later, still in the same boat), and 3) I was REALLY nervous about how my child would act in public (again, things are the same a year later). Jake ended up sleeping through the whole thing last year and was an angel! I remember Coach Tyson Helton bragging about how good he was, and I remember being so proud of my little 2 week old! Anyways, keep your fingers crossed that we get lots of good commitments! Go Blazers!

No comments: