Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

One Less Mullet in Alabama

One last shot of the mullet
"HELP ME MOMMY!"
Jake and Tyson don't look so sure about this lady!



One less mullet in Alabama!
"I can't believe you were going to take me to 'Sweet and Sassy,' mom...LAME!"
"The wind feels so good in my hair now that my mullet is gone!"


Long before Jake turned 1, Tyson and I were counting down the days until we could finally cut his hair. Well, his first birthday rolled around last week, and no haircut appointment had been made. You see, the only place (that I'm aware of) in Birmingham that is a kids' salon is "Sweet and Sassy." As you could imagine, Tyson REFUSED to let me take Jake to "Sweet and Sassy" for his son's first haircut. Ok. Whatever. I'll just wait it out a little longer and he'll eventually break, right? Wrong! All week long, I have been putting on my sweetest face and "Sweet and Sassy" still lost. I finally reached my breaking point this weekend when one of Tyson's recruit's parents said, "When y'all gonna go get that boy's hair cut?" Seriously, is Jake's mullet really that bad that other people are noticing? So I gave in and we went to Great Clips today. Luckily, Tyson was able to join us and helped out tremendously. Jake was awesome and never even budged at all; the lady kept bragging on good he was being! I am so proud of my big boy, and I am even more happy that the mullet is gone!!

No comments: