Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Jake's 1st Birthday Party










Even though Jake's 1st birthday isn't until this Sunday, we actually celebrated it the day after Christmas. I know, I know...as a Christmas Eve baby I always hated it when people would just combine my birthday with Christmas, but then I went and did the same thing to my own son. We had good reasons, though. We had originally planned to go back to Georgia after Christmas and have a family birthday party, but we decided to stay at home and have something for Jake while the grandparents were in town for Christmas.

Thank goodness we didn't attempt to go out of town...Jake's incision from his surgery ended up dehiscing (opening up) and getting infected. Needless to say, we spent the day after Christmas at the doctors' office getting Jake taken care of (thus worn out look on my face in these pictures). It was kind of stressful at the time, but he is doing well now. Anyways, back to the party.
When we got back from the doctor, Jake ate his lunch and then it was cake time! I made Jake his own little cake to match the Spongebob cupcake cake the adults got to eat. (Yes, it was a little cheezy I know, but we stuck with the Spongebob theme since Jake seems to really like that show, and plus it was all the grocery store had on Christmas!) I really expected Jake to just plunge into the cake, but my sweet (but quite possibly OCD) child put his hands into it the first time and didn't like the mess AT ALL. So...we busted out the fork. Yes, my almost 1 year old preferred to eat the cake with a fork vs. indulging into the masterpiece! He is definitely my child! Anyways, Tyson quickly jumped in to end the OCDness and put the cake right up to Jake's face and let him have at it. It was so cute...but messy!


I have several more posts for Jake's birthday weekend, so be on the look out! Happy 1st Birthday Party, Jake!

3 comments:

ZC said...

Happy First Birthday Jake!! Zoey will have to give you some lessons on diving into that cake! We hope you had a wonderful party and that you have an awesome day tomorrow!

pcb said...

Give that boy a birthday squeeze from us! Love y'all and hope you have a great 2009 (might be hard to top a wedding in 2007 and Jake in 2008, though!).

Kellen Family said...

So cute! Happy Birthday, Jake!!!!!!!