Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Welcome Home Baby Jake!


"Hey, Daddy! I almost forgot how big your
mouth is...good thing mommy reminds me!"

"Mom of the year!"

"I love my new PJ's, Pat-Pat, but I don't know how long they'll fit over my gut. My shirt's so tight I can't even get my foot in my mouth."


On our way home from Cochran last Thursday, we dropped Jake off at my parents' house in Georgia because we both had to work this past weekend. After four long, miserable days without my baby, I drove back to Thomaston to pick him up after I slept off the night shift. Mind you, this wasn't the first time Tyson and I have been away from him (he stayed with my parents for 2 days back at Easter while I worked in Atlanta), but this was definitely the longest and hardest. But apparently it was cake for my mom who had the great fortune of introducing him to green beans (and he loved them!). While Jake was there, he started taking more formula, got better at rolling over and sitting up, and his eczema totally cleared up; this was all due to my mom's hard work and dedication. Don't get me wrong, I left her with 2 full pages of instructions, so there was little room for error. Thank you so much, mom. You did an awesome job! Oh yeah, how could I forget this part...as I drove up to my parents' house, I had this image in my mind of how excited my child was going to be to see his mommy. Well, I walked in the door and find my mom and Jake playing with this toy and my dad watching on. Jake heard my voice and turned towards me and gave me a smile, but then he turned back and kept playing with the toy like it was no big deal. I scooped him up, of course, and just loved on him so much, but he never took his eyes off my mom for one second! Oh well, I can't say that I blame him. My mom IS the best mom in the world! Thanks, mom (and dad, too). We love y'all!

No comments: