Dr. Simmons, Jake, Mommy, and Daddy right after the baptism
Granddaddy, MaMa, Granddad, Pat-Pat, Mommy, Jake, Daddy, Grandmama, Uncle Bobby, Aunt Amy, and Courtney (left to right)
Four Generations...and Jake is really excited!Sorry it has been so long since I have posted; we have been gone on vacation all week long and just got back. Our vacation began last weekend with Jake getting baptized at my parents' church- First Presbyterian Church of Thomaston, Georgia on June 22, 2008. We were very blessed to have Dr. Simmons, the same preacher who officiated our wedding, perform the baptism. It was a very special day for all of us. We were lucky enough to have my parents, Tyson's mom, my grandparents, my sister and her boyfriend, and my uncle Bobby (my dad's brother) all attend. Jake was as sweet and as well-behaved as usual; all the sweet ladies in the church just bragged on how good he was throughout the baptism. There was a funny part, though. Right as Dr. Simmons put the water on Jake's head, Jake gave Dr. Simmons the most sour look. It was if Jake was saying, "what did you just put on my head?" I couldn't help but giggle! Seriously, though, I have never been more proud to be a mother than I was that day. I am so proud of you, Jake; your daddy and I hope that we can be as good of Christian parents as our parents have been to us.
By the way, the Baptism gown that Jake wore was also worn by me, my sister, my dad, and Granddaddy King (in 1909). It could have been worn by older generations, but that is as far back as we could trace it for now. The gown just made the day that much more special. Congratulations, Jake!






No comments:
Post a Comment