Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Beach Trip

Our Big Catch!
Tyson's 3 foot long Hammerhead!
This is the picture I snapped right before my pole (in the background) got the big bite!


Tyson and I dropped Jake off at Grandmama's (Tyson's mom) house this past week and headed for St. Simons Island, Georgia. Tyson and I got married at St. Simons and haven't been back since, so we decided to spend a little quality time together while Jake got to enjoy his grandmama. We definitely missed Jake, but we had a blast! The best part of the trip (other than the quality time) was the night shark fishing trip that we went on one night. Tyson and I were a little nervous getting on the boat because we were the only ones that had all of our teeth and that weren't adorned with hooks on our hats...obviously, we had no clue what was in store for us. We were up against some serious fisherman!! Anyways, as luck would have it, I had casted my line out and placed the pole in the holder so I could snap some pics of my cute husband. All of a sudden...I got a bite!! I wasn't about to put down my new camera to catch a "little shark", so Tyson grabbed my pole. Yes, I was the first person on the toothless boat to catch a shark. And it wasn't just a "little shark"...it was a four foot long sand shark! It turned out to be the biggest catch of the night! I was so excited (as you can tell by the pics of my big cheesy smile). Tyson and I ended up catching the most sharks that night; we make a great shark-fishing team! Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I tried to be a little girly (totatlly not me) and let my husband reel in all my big catches, so he decided I needed to prove to all these big fisherman how tough I was and reel in one of his catches. Low and behold he gets a bite and signals for me to come over. After about 5 minutes (no joke) of me reeling it in, we finally got a closer look at the shark...it was a 5 ft long black-tip shark (almost as big as me)! The first mate grabbed the line and brought the shark to the boat and SNAP...the line broke! I was highly upset as you can imagine...but I still had the biggest catch of the day anyways! Thanks for taking such good care of Jake, grandmama. We really appreciate it!
***No sharks were injured in the making of these pictures. All of the sharks in the picture were alive and were thrown back.

No comments: