Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good-Bye Comb-Over...Hello First Haircut!

"What do you think, Daddy? How does my hair look?"
"At least my Mommy and Daddy think I look good!"
"If hair modeling doesn't work out, at least I still have my feet."

Tyson and I are very aware that you aren't "supposed" to cut babies' hair until they are 1 or so, but Jake's comb-over has really been bothering us lately...so we took the plunge and cut it off yesterday. Maybe we are vain and shallow people, but in our defense, I think the "comb-over" was equally as aggravating for my precious son! In fact, I think it inhibited his sight at times and tickled his nose a little too much. Not to mention, he is getting baptized Sunday, and I was a little concerned what the comb-over might look like wet and hanging in his face in front of the whole church to see. So we made an appointment with my hairstylist and decided to end our worrying and just cut the dang thing off. Well...my hairstylist broke her hand and couldn't cut it, so I was left to do the honors. I'm sorry I don't have pictures from the actual "first haircut," but I cut his hair in my PJ's before running out the door to work and I didn't want the world to see me in my PJ's. Jake was a trooper, though, throughout the whole thing and sat very still for me (thank goodness!). When we got done, he just looked up at the mirror and smiled as if he was saying, "thank you, Jesus...no more comb-over!"

1 comment:

By Renee said...

Love the haircut!! And, Carson has that exact "Beetle" outfit! Sorry we can't make the baptizing. Hope it goes well and take lots of pics! Love ya'll!