"Hmmm...I think I can get that star."
"If I just move my arms and my legs like this..."
"...and if I REACH really hard..."
"Got it!"
"Did you get that on camera, Mom?"
" I just love my star."
"See my new tooth, y'all?"When we picked up Jake from Grandmama's house last Thursday, the first thing Jake did was smile a big smile at us and show us his 2nd new tooth! Yes, he now has two bottom front teeth, and it is just precious! I've tried taking pictures to capture the new teeth, but it is still hard to see them since they are just now erupting. Every now and then, though, you can catch a glimpse (like in that last photo) of his first tooth which is a little bigger than its neighbor. I was amazed at how much he had changed in the four short days that Tyson and I were away from him. Little did I know, his new tooth was just the beginning of our little man's changes for the weekend. On Saturday alone, Jake decided to roll over from his back to his stomach (FINALLY!), to sit unsupported, and then he surprised us with crawling. Well, I say crawling...I think it is termed creeping (he maneuvers himself around like a catepillar to get to and fro, but it isn't a true "crawl"). Either way, it is so darn cute (and scary, too...now I can't let him out of my site for a minute)!! Our little cousin Spencer used to do this "army crawl" (which is where your arms drag your legs...like an army guy would hince the name) when he was first learning to crawl, so that is what I expected Jake to do. Oh no, he does this catepillar move where he moves both his arms forward and then he moves his legs forward and then he takes a HUGE DIVE for the toy. Like I said, it is so cute! I can't believe how much he has changed IN A WEEKEND!! Who knows, he might be riding a bike by the next weekend and driving the next if he keeps growing at this pace!



No comments:
Post a Comment