Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 2, 2008

Scootin' Around at 81

I hope I look this good at 81!Granddaddy says, "Always wear protection!" "The chicks dig it!"
Burnin' Rubber!

Tyson has been coaching a football camp in Cochran, Georgia, which is where my grandparents and cousins live, so Jake and I packed up and headed to Cochran with Tyson to see our family. I have a lot of great pictures to post, but it is going to take some time to go through them, but I thought these pictures of my granddaddy were really cute. My granddaddy, the most frugal man in the world, bought this little scooter to conserve gas to get around Cochran. Some of my fondest memories of my granddaddy when I was a little girl is when he used to put me on the back of his old scooter (very similar to this one) and ride me around town. Well, he got rid of that scooter when I was a teenager or so, and I figured his midlife crisis was over, but I never imagined he would buy another one and would still be scootin' around town again at the age of 81!! I'll tell you what, though, he is so darn cute on that scooter!! He kept telling Jake he was going to ride him on it when he gets bigger, but in the back of my mind, I was trying to come up with a plan on how I could rig the car seat to the back of the scooter so I could take my little man for a ride NOW! Could you imagine riding down the road and seeing that? I love you, granddaddy!! Be careful on that scooter...you have at least another 12 years to live to see me reach 40!

No comments: