"Mommy, I don't feel good. I'm just going to lay here while you give me a bath and take naked pictures of me for the internet."
"My fat rolls still look good, even when I'm sick"
"Hey, I think that little boy in the mirror has as many fat rolls as I do!"
"Yep...we're hot"
Let me preface this post with a couple of things. First, being a pediatric nurse, I am always sick. You would think that after all of these years, I would have built up resistance to many illnesses, but this is not the case. If my patient has it, I am going to get it. Friday night, one of my patients had a pretty violent stomach bug, so of course, she looked at me and I got it. I tried my best to stay away from Jake, but he is so darn cute that I had to hold him a little. Well, let me continue to preface. Jake is plagued with eczema and cradle cap; I've tried EVERYTHING, and it still covers his body. The last couple of days, Jake has been grabbing and scratching the left side of his head. I thought his skin was just irritated from the new shampoo that I was using for his cradle cap, so I brushed it off. Well, he woke up this morning REALLY early (4 am ish), and I noticed he was acting kind of strange and grabbing at his ear. So, I decided that I would take him to the pediatrician when the office opened because I was worried he might have an ear infection. Sure enough, we got there and he was running a little fever (100 degrees). I felt awful for the little guy. Long story short, his ears were clear but his lymphocyte count was high, which indicated he might have a little virus (thanks mommy!). Turns out he does have a pretty bad case of eczema (thanks again, mommy!), so the doctor gave us some medicine to put on it. We are now going to have to quit using all of the good-baby smelling products and switch to Dove soap, Eucerin cream, and pretty much anything that is hypoallergenic. Poor baby. Good news is that he weighed a whopping 16 lbs 11 oz! Anyways, have a great day!




No comments:
Post a Comment